Saturday, February 1, 2020

nap time is over .. sort of

This blanket.


This blanket has been sitting in a trunk for a year waiting to give as a gift. Do you accumulate those kinds of things? I finally just gave in and took it out of the trunk. Took off that fancy ribbon and crawled in underneath.. Seriously delicious napping blanket.

The month of January for some reason I took an inordinate number of naps. Not 20 minute naps either. Rather long ones.

I’m one of those old fashioned people that has a VHS/CD player in my house. I purchased one when I went to transfer all of our home videos to DVD. I finally decided it needed to be hooked back up again and I needed to start getting some exercise. Napping is fabulous but when it becomes a lifestyle ...  it becomes a problem.

Like I could hide under this blanket for two hours straight no problem! For many days. That’s a lot of time getting nothing done. Not exactly my goal in this life.

So the equipment got hooked back up and on days when it works for me, I started working out to some kind of a program or another. I have to say that I sort of moaned and groaned going to bed last night. I found muscles I didn't remember existing from A&P class! A slow start for me because I'm still a bit nervous about this new hip thing, but it is time to get some blood moving and strengthening going on.

I still love the blanket. Don’t get me wrong. 20 minutes of shuteye I'm good with ... especially when my eyelids open really early for work. But really .. enough is enough.


On this week’s plan is another trip to this little mountain to see how far I can make it. It is a bunch of baby steps but at least they are steps. I have a goal in mind and I’m hoping to take some steps toward that before the middle of February. 

What is on your goal list?

Whew! I posted in time for at least one this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment