Saturday, May 19, 2012

salt and vinegar

Sounds like I'm having a potato chip party over here.
I'm really not.

It has been a busy week around here.
The online school year is coming to an end and finals are around the corner.
That means that we are doing some serious finishing up around here.
And I do mean we.
We accomplish much more as team most times.
One part of the team is usually wrapped up in a blanket on the couch.
Crazy, hey?
The air conditioning vent is right across the room from the couch ...
it gets cold sitting there!






















Tia and I also did some artwork today.
Taking an idea off of Pinterest, we started playing with salt dough.
I'll be curious to see if these little projects turn out or not.
Either way, we had fun working on them.






















As if the sunshine outside wasn't warm enough earlier, our projects needed a little more drying time.
Will share when they're done. Can't wait!

We ran out for a burger this evening at Five Guys.
Have you ever eaten there?
The bag of french fries was disgustingly huge!!
The waste not want not part of me was nearly having a stroke at the ridiculous waste.






















Then on to Target to finally get myself a squirt bottle along with a few other things.
Another Pinterest find that has been nagging me was Scum Buster ... or something like that.
Supposedly takes shower scum right off for not much more than mere pennies.
The recipe calls for 1 part of vinegar to 1 part of Dawn dishsoap.
Pour dishsoap into the spray bottle first.
Heat the vinegar and then add it in.
Spray like crazy. Sit. Rinse.
 And smile when it works.
I did have to wipe it down. Some spots needed a little more than wiping once.
A few spots I missed and will have to get next time.
Over all .... I'm thrilled.
In reading the blog that I found this on, she mentioned that she would change the
ingredient mix as the 1:1 ratio was verrrry sudsy.
I took her advice and did mine 1 part Dawn to 2 parts vinegar.
And I'm still thrilled!
Oh yeah. If you don't like the smell of vinegar, I don't know what to tell you.
It dissipates? How is that for advice?

Happy spraying!

No comments:

Post a Comment