Saturday, May 4, 2013

mushrooms in the desert?

The front yard of the place we're living in is all rock.
Except for a weed or two or more ... there really isn't any grass growing out there.
We have drip systems that water plants,
but they are on the other side of the driveway.
The side in question is all rock. 
One day as I was leaving, I noticed rocks that appeared to be protruding.
Reminded me of seeing ground squirrels or moles or some other
kind of critter that run in tunnels under ground and pop up through holes to drive you nuts
and wonder if your house is going to sink someday from all the tunnel digging.

Went to take a closer look and couldn't believe my eyes.
In Alaska, where the climate was wet damp and the trees so dense that 
sun rarely hit the forest floor, I could understand mushrooms.
We had all kinds of beautiful mushrooms there.
I've had mushrooms growing in a desert lawn that was being irrigated.
Here ... in a pile of rocks with no water supply?


My clothes closet has a lot of tan, black and white ... I'm okay with that.
Mushrooms that blend into the earth?
I'm not seeing any beauty going on here.
Maybe that means my closet could use some color as well!


Maybe they're poisonous and the scorpions are going to eat them and then ...
I won't have to worry about those nasty little critters who I'm sure have no purpose.
Maybe Maaret can tell me what they are or I could probably do the google thing
and figure it out myself.

I don't know what they are but they are not visually appealing at all.
I'll probably get a "ticket" from the HOA next week for them.
That's the way it works around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment