Sunday, March 26, 2017

365: week 11

71/365: A precious end to a Sunday filled with loved ones.


72/365: Keeping tabs on the great race. Someday I'd like to be in Nome! 
#iditarod2017

73/365: Yup. There are certainly days when a woman's place is in the kitchen.


74/365: Ice sculpture. 
#snowplowmade


74/365: While I craft .. he makes dinner. What a treat. What a dad.


75/365: Cell phones at HAPs ...ain't just the young ones!


76/365: Celebrating the end of projects at #371diner with some fine fare!



Post week commentary:

The week started with a family birthday party for this lady. These years just keep on keeping on and blessings abound. It was a fun fun day. In years past we spent many days surrounding our piano with music filling the rooms. I really miss that. It was a very special way to end the day.

Iditarod. We've been the start and the restart several times. Former colleagues have run this race, another runs the sweep behind the racers every year, yet another young daughter of one is going to take her first run at it next year. Had I never lived in Alaska ... it might not be so close to my heart. The sheer determination, work and awesomeness of the journey get me every year. And yet I'm most thankful to see the photos from my arm chair.

I flew to Minnesota on the red eye Tuesday nite and got to Brainerd about 9 a.m. Wednesday morning. We visited and I worked on projects for Mom. She has macular degeneration and it is affecting her ability to do the things she loves. I can't imagine not being able to see. We both love to create. I can't imagine not being able to do that. Not being able to see clearly to type. So I am honored that she allowed me to work on her projects. And imagine just creating while being fed breakfast, lunch and dinner by dad. Awesomeness!!

Visits. Usually when I am in the same place as my parents, so are a number of other people. Often it is housefuls of people. While that is nice too, there really isn't any quiet one on one or one with two visiting time. Even more than working on projects and being cooked for ... I treasure the time I was able to spend with just the two of them.

Lucky me.

No comments:

Post a Comment