Saturday, January 24, 2015

i think i'm about a hundred years old

at least this evening.
We (hubby and myself) really aren't sure if we will be able to move tomorrow or not.
Not move as in residences.
Move as in inch our bodies out of bed in the morning.
It's been that kind of day.
 
This week we've been to visit our elderly friend, Ed, who is in hospice.
I'm planning on visiting him tomorrow.
He probably won't know I'm there, but it doesn't matter.
 

Ed's family (and ours) has been in town this weekend.
We had a few babies around here ... along with the parents and grandma.
Tonight they are elsewhere, but we've certainly enjoyed having them.

Heini with Natasha's babies ....


and Dean & Keilah's babies. They are getting so big!

 
Friday I had to work for a few hours and then spent the rest of the day crafting with my friend Cheryl.
Coffee, visiting and creativity.
What better combination is there?!
 
Saturday ... the day started with a trip to Home Depot and a few other places ...
This disaster isn't cleaned up yet this evening, but I'm getting there!
Didn't accomplish all that I wanted to today, but made serious progress.
Are you anything like me?
Sure that you can accomplish twice as much as is realistic?
It looks like I have a few more days of this kind of craziness ahead of me.
 
I did make some progress in the learning department today!
Although the chop saw, skill saw and sander are old faves of mine, I have never used the brad nailer before. Got that bugger down! I did call the air compressor a generator at some point, but I really did know what I was talking about.
 
I still have all my fingers and toes ....
 


minus a hunk of skin or two.
That stinkin' sander got away from me once or twice.


All of this crafting going on is for our church's Winter Services. I am part of the team in charge of the craft sales this year and, as usual, give me a duty and I sort of get stuck there. Our own household has other happenings between here and there, so it is crunch time. I need to get done what I can in the minutes or days I have available.

In all likelihood I won't manage to chew all the ideas I've bitten off, but it won't be for lack of trying!

No comments:

Post a Comment