Friday, January 25, 2013

4:52 Self Portrait

This week's photo challenge of Self Portrait was certainly a challenge.
I have teen girls which means that I am accustomed to seeing
self portraits on my camera, on my phone and on my computer.
They're not of me!
 
There is something about looking in the mirror every day that is normal.
I'm to that place in life where I need to check
that I didn't leave a salad green in my teeth.
My eyes produce endless goobers and always have.
Kind of handy once in a while to know if they're hanging around.
There is that wonderful space of sink and counter that sit
between myself and that shiny piece of reflection.
A space that lends a comfortable distance and perhaps even distortion.
Depends on which angle I'm looking at with the new specs.
Up close I can see every laugh I've ever laughed
in the lines that grow more with every year.
 
To sit with a camera in hand or on a tripod
and aimed in my direction just is not normal for me.
I prefer the buffer of the sink.
 

A video of the whole experience would have been priceless.
I sort of felt like one of my girls ....
just for about an hour a minute or so.
 
Follow the Project 52 Circle to see the next version of a self portrait
 and thanks for visiting!

2 comments:

  1. Tee hee, we had the same idea. Love your photo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The teens can take and post 62 pictures of themselves every day, why is it so hard for us?!

    ReplyDelete