Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Wishing you a Happy New Year!


We actually rang in the New Year and our eyes probably didn't close until rather early this morning. Not bad for a hubby who usually starts heading toward the sheets about 9:30 pm. Thank goodness for naps! We had a very nice evening with friends.

Hanging above my children's graduation and school pictures, I have a wooden plaque that says very simply .... i wish you enough.

As this New Year begins to unfold, I wish the same for you.

I Wish you Enough

I wish you enough sun to keep your attitude bright no matter how grey the day may appear.
I wish you enough rain to appreciate the sun even more.
I wish you enough happiness to keep your spirit alive and everlasting.
I wish you enough pain so that even the smallest of joys in life may appear bigger.
I wish you enough gain to satisfy your wanting.
I wish you enough loss to appreciate all that you possess.
 
I wish you enough hellos to get you through the final good-bye.


And to that I will add that I wish you the peace to accept what God has willed for you in the coming year. Let us all remember to be thankful for the hills as well as the valleys, for the sorrow as well as the joy. Let us be thankful for each new day we are given to appreciate the sun that shines and the people who surround us.

Happy New Year to you and yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment