Sunday, April 8, 2012

Wishes for a Blessed Easter

The day is done.
I've had enough sugar in the form of my favorite Cadbury Mini Eggs to have a whompin' headache by morning. Why do I do that?!
The Easter Bunny left some mighty tiny tins this morning.
He sort of liked the size for planting herbs in after they were emptied of sugar treats.
I like his way of thinking.
The kids didn't find Easter baskets/tins until after lunch today.
That seems to be the way it happens when they all grow up a wee bit.
I have it on good authority that there is still one in hiding.
It needs to be found, then packed in a box and shipped to Alaska.
It may be a little over the top but I don't care.

The boys were both home today for a ham dinner.
Made my heart smile.
I wonder if they know how easy it is to make me smile.
You just simply have to show up.
You can even raid the fridge and freezer of leftovers/been there too long food.
I'll still smile while I pack you a bag.

To be perfectly honest, Easter meals have never been my favorite to cook.
Christmas with all the trimmings. Yes.
Thanksgiving with all the fixins. Yes.
Easter is a problem.
Maybe because our house isn't filled with people and I really don't know what to do without that.
We did have a relaxing day with our kids.
It was really nice.


As vital as candy is to Easter baskets,
A1 Sauce is to leftovers over here.
Actually, it gets put on everything.
Jari puts it on his eggs.
The girls put it on their mashed potatoes.
Today it even went on ham.
Not on my plate.
That would be a dad and his girls thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment