Friday, June 15, 2012

cream of something soup

Thanks again to Pinterest!

This time Pinterest brought me Cream of Something Soup.
Although I am a serious fan of Campbell's, I finally found a way to avoid buying the cream of whatever you need soups that so many recipes call for.

Mix together: (I doubled my recipe hoping it will last awhile!)

1 cup non-fat dried milk
3/4 cup cornstartch
1/4 cup bouillion (if you have cubes you have to smash them up) (found mine at the dollar store)
4 Tbsp freeze dried minced onions (found mine at the dollar store)
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp pepper


To make the equivalent of one can of condensed cream soup, mix 1/3 cup dry mix with 1 1/4 cup water ...


and then cook until thick.
You probably don't need a red hot burner.
I sometimes prefer to cook that way. :)


Add cream of "something" soup to your recipe and voila!
Tator tot hotdish!


No comments:

Post a Comment