Friday, December 7, 2012

Chicken Alfredo Roll-ups

I tried another newbie recipe this week!
(Please excuse the phone photos and the lovely green Ikea cutting mat.)
 
Courtesy of mmm....cafe via Christina at work ....
we had Chicken Alfredo Roll-ups.
 
I do not make my own afredo sauce. Yet.
So here goes.
I do not follow instructions, so mine may not look like what I'm about to write.
Don't be surprised.
 
Spray an 8x8 pan with non-stick spray and pour 1/2 cup alfredo sauce, or just enough to cover the bottom of the pan. Boil 8-10 cups water in a large pan, cook lasagne noodles until al dente. Now this is the important part! Drain and rinse the noodles with cold water to prevent them from sticking to each other. Then, lay out each noodle individually and blot dry with a paper towel.
(Or if you're me and out of paper towel, a dish towel did the trick just fine.)
 
Spread about 2 Tbs alfredo sauce over each noodle. Sprinkle oregano and garlic salt on top of sauce.
 (I used Italian seasoning instead.)
Now get your calculator out.
Take 1/9 of 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken and spread it out evenly over each noodle.
Did you get that?
Add approx 3 Tbsp mozzarella  or cheese of your choice, to each noodle.
To roll up, start at one end and roll the noodle over the toppings. You will need to lift the noodle a little to prevent squishing out the inside ingredients while rolling.
Place the roll-ups in the pan, one by one, seam-side down so they don't come undone. 
Notice the loaf pan instead of the 8x8 pan? The 8x8 was full of leftovers in the fridge and
I had a different plan.
Once they are all in the pan, pour the remaining alfredo sauce over the top. Ummm. You were suppose to start with 2 1/2 cups alfredo sauce. That might help a bit. Top with remaining cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes, or until the cheese is completely melted on top.
 
At this point I used the rest of the noodles and made a second loaf pan but filled my rollups with red tomato base sauce and ground beef instead of the chicken alfredo for those who prefer that taste around here. They worked just as well.
Voila!
Something different and tasty.
 
Post cooking note: I prefer a pasta dish that isn't very dry. I really didn't measure my alfredo sauce on each noodle to the drip, but am guessing it was about what the recipe called for. I would probably put even more next time as I'm sort of a soupy pasta fan.


3 comments:

  1. Yes, they look delicious!! I believe I shall try this very soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is one im for sure going to try:)
    -Jolene

    ReplyDelete