Friday, July 17, 2015

finding fifty: flashing

No.
I'm not taking up flashing.
Incidentally, I tell my patients who have to wear those cover nothing ever gowns that we only flash on Fridays. I only rarely admit that we don't work on Friday.

So how fitting is it to be flashing here on Friday?!

My goal here is to talk about finding fifty.
I'm equating fifty (at least in my world) with the onset of the lovely change of life known as menopause.
And at least one thing that comes with it.
I'm sure every woman out there has their own tale of terrors, but the one that reared its head with a trumpet blaring was the flashes of heat.
First of all, I don't like the heat of summer in Phoenix. At. All.
And this was one serious summer going on without the benefit of air conditioning.
I live here for reasons that have nothing to do with the summer heat.

However, there was a period of time that I was seriously wishing for a dip in this.


This particular dipping and cooling off spot is a mere 1,710 miles from my hot flash zone so it was a bit unrealistic. Add to that the fact that I really don't swim. And if I do ... it is in water that is 72 degrees Fahrenheit.

My other option, for a time, was to put clothes on .... take clothes off ... put clothes on ... take clothes off.
According to a quick jaunt through Google, I was burning some calories in the heating and cooling off. I didn't find anything about all the exercise I was getting in the undressing and redressing department.
Some day .... I am going to have some serious rolling on the floor belly (cuz I really didn't burn that many calories) laughing at the friend who got great amusement out of my discomfort.

At some point in this torture, I had a life changing visit with a friend who led me to a solution.
I'll be honest.
I know that this hasn't worked for everyone who has tried it. Some are unable to use this product at all due to undesirable side effects they have experienced. Others I know use it along with traditional western pharmaceuticals. Yet others, like myself, rely solely on this little miracle bottle of wonder.

I've shared this with some folks I work with and have found it to be a remedy that has worked for many others. In the sharing, the husband of a coworker started asking her if she had "oiled her ovaries" that day.

It stuck. We now Oil Our Ovaries and are so much happier for it.

We burn less calories because we've stopped the hot flashing business, but what a trade!


I haven't been miserable with mood swings. Or if I have, no one around me is complaining.
It could very well be that this lovely little purple packaged bottle of Progessence Plus is taking care of that as well. And, if you ask me, my mood was swinging with each flashing episode. It was downright intolerable.
 
I'm still working at getting my PMSing offspring to give the Oiling Ovaries a whirl and see if it provides them any relief.
 
In the meantime, my ovaries are oiled daily after a shower. The instructions on the bottle say: Apply 2-4 drops on neck area. For added effect, apply 1-2 drops along forearms daily. Do not exceed 2 applications per day.
 
I tried that one day and went back to Oiling the Ovaries. I find I get better results from that.
If you don't know where your ovaries are located, ask Google. I apply several drops to each side, on the skin, once daily.
 
If you're a Young Living oil user already and are in the throes of heat waves ... give it a try and see if it works for you.
If you need a source for this little miracle that keeps me sane, you can hit this lovely little colorful link.
If you have questions ... please feel free to ask!


In the meantime, I'm hoping to wear a sweatshirt this weekend!
Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Ah, you mean there might be a solution for this flashing? Would be bliss. One question I need an answer for....if I am taking anastrozole, will the Progessence Plus interfere with that? Who would know the answer? Riitta W.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Check out this page that I found on Progessence. It may answer some questions for you Riitta.
      http://www.natural-aromatherapy-benefits.com/support-files/progessence-plus-serum-dr-dan-purser-faq.pdf
      And I would recommend asking the pharmacist if taking progesterone would interfere with your current medication. If not, it might be worth a whirl!

      Delete